This trigger fires an action when a contact clicks a link an email or SMS. It’s a highly adaptable trigger because you can specify the email / SMS, as well as the exact link within that email / SMS, that you want it to trigger from.
To add a link click trigger event:
- Select the Link Clicks button from the Choose Trigger modal.
- Select the email or SMS message that the trigger link is in from the drop-down menu.
- Use the Select Links drop-down menu to select the link you’d like to use as the trigger.
- Choose whether you’d like to trigger the Action on a unique click or multiple clicks from the recipient. Check the All link clicks checkbox to trigger on multiple clicks.
- Click on the Add an Action button at the bottom of the modal. This will open another modal.
- Select the action/s you’d like to trigger. At the moment, you can add as many of the following actions as you’d like:
- Add to Workflow: Add the contact to an existing workflow and specify which node you want them to start on
- Remove from Workflow: Remove the contact from an existing workflow
- Send Autoresponder: Send the contact an autoresponder email that you’ve created in the system
- Turn Contact Off: Sets the contact status to off, so they don’t receive any further messages
- Update Contact Field: Updates the custom field with new text data (not available on multi-value fields)
- Subscribe to List: Subscribes a contact to a list (or lists) using their email and/or mobile contact details
- Unsubscribe From List: Unsubscribes a contact from one or more lists on mobile and / or email
- External Webhook: This allows you to call an external action via a URL
- When you’re finished, click Add Trigger.